Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Hopes

Not sure why I never posted this.....thought I would.  Brought back some good feels.

2013 began with many big ideas, lots of hope, and tons of energy.

Don't all years start that way?

Thank goodness for that.... I am not one that looks forward to ending a particular year so that somehow magically a new one rushes in to "save" me from what might have not gone that well with the last one.  I welcome all the years.  I am made from the results of all of them.  They are like pillars that line my past like a photo album.

There are those special hallmark years, however.... the few that stand out.  The ones wherein we remember, sometimes all too vividly....things..... where we were, what time of day it was, what we were wearing, who we were with, the exact moment, frozen forever in our memories. These are they that become tattooed to our souls.  They cannot be changed, forgotten or removed.

2013 was one such year:

We sent our first out into the world...ok, it was only Canada...that still counts right?  He left a vacancy I wasn't quite prepared for.  The loss is made up for by the work he is doing, which fulfills us all.   We are filled by the mission Landon is serving. It tastes a lot like the "living water" Christ speaks about.  The kind that makes you..... "thirst not".

Funny how hope or lack thereof can change our view of the world so quickly.  With it, we see no limits, everything is possible, we ask:  "What can't I do?".  Without it, we can barely see past a day, we wonder why we get up in the morning and we ask:  "Why should I get dressed?"

Hope is like fuel.  A big stash of wood that feeds a raging fire... it drives us. It makes us stretch.  It makes us do things we normally wouldn't do. It creates desire, momentum,
and speed. Hope makes us chase dreams.

Highlights:
1. Travis Wall and Amy dancing to "Wicked Game" on SYTYCD.  This was such an amazing performance and I will always remember how it brought out such emotion in me.

Amy and Travis






No comments: