Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fingerprints in My Life


I have been reflecting on “fingerprints” and their meaning in my life.
There are mine on others, and theirs on me. The cool thing about fingerprints is that although invisible to the naked eye, each print is unique and is linked to a specific individual and memory. The idea that there are thousands of individual prints on me that all have a name and face warms my heart. They say that we are never really alone…. I believe it. Although I could find myself alone in the mountains or on a beach I am not alone.
They say that God is always with us…. Could it be that He is with us by virtue of these many fingerprints ? Each has a face, a name and a distinct impression left by loving heart and hands that have branded our beings with memories. It is ironic in a way that we spend a good portion of our lives removing unwanted fingerprints—we clean the fridge, countertops and windows…. As for those on me..... I hope they never leave!
There is something about their quiet persistence on my life that I cherish. Although memories can fade, the influence doesn’t…the mark has been made, the invisible imprint bonded forever....

No comments: