Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

UBER 2.0

Really?  This wasn't supposed to happen...Especially after believing I took the "wrong road" to find the right one faster...but here I am, back at Uber, different role, and UT based this time.  I am a 'remote' employee for the first time in my career.  I didn't know this was going to be part of my "New Chapter" given the many change this year has brought.  

I re-read my first post after leaving UBER, it was short and somewhat nostalgic.  Now I am back, all in and ready to figure out how to make this new gig work.  New CEO, many new leaders, 7,000 new employees despite the chaos and internal deconstruction that has taken place.  Time for a great turnaround story!  Maybe one of the biggest ever.... I feel so grateful the opportunity came my way the way it did.

I am not sure what will happen, but I know it will be very different and very big.  I hope I can stretch fast enough to keep up and contribute in a meaningful way.  The cause is still so cool.... Transforming cities and they way people interact and move.  Creating tons of new jobs for all kinds of people all over the world, opening doors where none could be opened, reducing pollution, eliminating congestion, saving lives everyday, creating new social experiences in transformative ways, innovating and paving the way for autonomous vehicles for the future.

I hope I can help.... wish me luck k?

No comments: