Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Today a friend.....

couldn't wait to tell me something incredible!  I felt the urgency before I even got the news..... I was driving around 12:30pm today and felt an anxiousness to talk with them... but I resisted as they were just out of reach...at 12:34pm I received a message from them....hah!  Love those coincidences.!....

It was wound super tight and ready to spring open because of the news inside! Funny I got that from an e-mail huh?  But it was true.... every second I didn't open it made it more crazy.....

I read it....Yes, it bounded open with great energy and full of newsy news...so fun.

Then....I got to the end....


and the words told a little story....
                                                       ........ a very small and simple story....

so small that for most it would have been passed over without a second glance... but for me it was an epic story full of many pages....sprinkled with chapters that spoke of  sorrow, pain and loss of hope, with yet others containing forgiveness, new beginnings and spiritual awakenings.  I read this one tiny paragraph and it was so beautiful tears simply just sprang into my eyes without any warning... I stood up and walked over to my office window and looked outside and felt this incredible column of peace and gratitude for God's goodness flood over me.... my heart was full, and it "hurt good"

I realized in an instant that I was so filled with joy because of how much sorrow there had been for so long for my friend.    I felt a sorrowful ache and happiness all at the same time... so difficult that I can't explain.  Gibran usually finds a way when I can't:

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
      Is not the cup that hold your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
      And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
      When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
      When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight."

  Yes...exactly.  

It was one of those extraordinary experiences where you find yourself being overwhelmed with emotions hours later when least expecting anything.... It came at me in waves...on the way home driving, later while eating, then again when out in the yard trimming bushes..... it persisted and I with it....


Gratitude would be the right word, but is seems to fall short, but I just want to thank my friend... for never giving up, being tirelessly good, finding a place for hope where there was only darkness, for leaning continuously upon God and never losing sight of what seemed right inside, for being forgiving and at the end of the day...sharing with me and filling my vessel to overflowing.... Terimah Kasih

No comments: