Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Turning the Tables....

The other morning I was eating a bowl of cereal while reading a magazine and Alexa came up to me and suddenly grabbed the magazine and ripped it away and said defiantly:


" You can't read while you eat, if we can't watch TV while we do our Homework!!"


I was all "What??" She reminded me that I am always telling them (kids) that they can't watch TV while they do their homework and so as only 'smart-like-a-fox-Alexa can, she made the connection that I then in turn should not be able to enjoy any reading entertainment while doing the necessary chore of "eating"....... it made me think about it from a perspective that I never would have without her "intervention". In fact, the thought stayed with me all day long like an annoying subconscious nagging.......


FYI: Interestingly enough here are 2 links:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eating-While-Reading/372709172814

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doing-homework-while-watching-TV/258275515808

No comments: