Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

In Denial....

I found out today that I am actually the very last of the Baby Boomers! I really never knew, or maybe didn't want to know that 1964 was the last year of this group. I never considered myself as one and still even now resist the categorization. Not that they aren't well meaning, beautiful citizens of the world, but rather that I always secretly liked the idea that I was somewhat "in between".....Not really a BBmer and not really Gen X -- A "non-classified" entity! This meant I was special, unique in some way. Ahh, but all ideals must meet their respective realities no? Does it change anything? No, not really. Only that I am grouped with a large body of stats that I really do not relate to at all. I am not sure which group I identify with, but have always felt that I was more of a "world citizen" or a "global villager" if you will instead.

But I am ok with this new knowledge. I will consider myself a "Bridge" that spans between the two. I will take the best of both and walk away with more. So, althought I have enjoyed being in denial, I will simply relish the fact that I can be part of a group and still maintain my individuality and uniqueness.

The classification doesn't define me or who I am, it just tells me when I am supposed to retire......

No comments: